Friday, May 26, 2006

merhaba

merhaba

Merhaba from Turkey! I'm here, I made it safely, and I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!


In group news, Ashley bought a rug. Well, not really a "rug" so much as a gorgeous Kurdish kilim. I was tempted, but until my trip to Greece, I cannot afford to make such an investment. Here she is now:
merhaba


Here are Megan and Tekin at St. John's Basilica. As I went down in the passageway to take this picture, I was greeted by a serpent of some sort. That combined with the cactus and lantana made this place feel like home in no time :)


merhaba


Tomorrow we journey to the ruins of Ephesus, and from that point on, our schedule is pretty action-packed. I don't know how much more internet usage I'll be able to get away with for some time.


My favorite thing thus far: vişne suyu (or "sour cherry nectar")! I also tried ayran, which is a salty yogurt drink. I'll have to work up to that one...


merhabamerhaba
Greg, Megan, and Ashley search tirelessly for a düt (or a mulberry).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you made it ok kid. Not much has changed here, except its getting more hot as the days pass. (So what else is new right?) Keep us posted as much as you can and let us know if there's anything we can help you with (besides avoiding those serpents!). Love you!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home