Thursday, June 10, 2004

speak to me

Today I was touched greatly by the words of others...

"Getting honest with ourselves does not make us unacceptable to God. It does not distance us from God, but draws us to Him-- as nothing else can-- and opens us anew to the flow of grace. While Jesus calls each of us to a more perfect life, we cannot achieve it on our won. To be alive is to be broken; to be broken is to stand in need of grace. IT is only through grace that any of us could dare to hope that we could become more like Christ."
--Brennan Manning "The Ragamuffin Gospel"

"I went sky divin, I went Rocky Mountain climbin, I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu-man-chu. And I loved deeper, and I spoke sweeter, and I gave forgiveness I'd been denying. And he said, 'Someday I hope you get the chance to live like you were dyin.'"
--Tim McGraw "Live like you were dying"

"There is so much more that we do not know, so many great things in store for us. I am thinking of you; think of me too."
--a photograph

"You're cool sometimes."
--Daniel (the little brother)

"Dallas City Limit"
--road sign

"Welcome to Starbucks! How may I help you?"
--in that moment, my favorite person

"I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys."
--Song of Songs 2:1

Several unconnected and seamingly random sources and comments, but there is indeed a common thread. Each of these met a need, today. My heart and head are full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home