Saturday, June 03, 2006

turk gibi

Food poisonıng. I think that is the final verdict. I was up all night with it. I'm fine now, just a bıt weak, but the thought of mantı still makes we want to... welll... you know. It was sort of my "welcome to Ankara" gıft.

In other news, my friends and I made some Turkish friends in a cherry and green plum grove at Collosae, where we helped them harvest fruit. I think they thought we were crazy... might be :)

Our van was pulled over twice by the police on our way to Ankara from Pamukkale. They can pull you over whenever they want, and they can make you pay your fine on the spot. Yay.

My home for the next two weeks here in Ankara is a dormitory full of Turkish students. I am sharing a room with three girls-- only one of which speaks any English-- she is studying it ;-) We mostly do charades with random vocabulary words thrown in, and then awkwardly laugh at each other. I still don't know where they are going tonight-- I heard "foot shopping" which I translated as "food shopping"-- but they looked too cute for either of those. Guess they'll act it out for me in the morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bart said...

Ah, yes. How does it feel to be on the other side of coin from Thursday night Crossraods Cafe? Sorry to hear about the food poisoning.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie,
Sorry to hear about the food poisioning ordeal - I understand its not fun but I'm glad you're feeling better now! What did they fine you for? My mom's going in for surgury sometime next week to have her gallbladder removed. Miss you!

Katie

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home