Monday, June 12, 2006

fat camp update

This is Lindsey Carter-- reporting to you LIVE from Fat Camp Turkey. We've been out here for three weeks, and I've got to tell you-- it's started to get pretty harsh. In the beginning, they just kept feeding us huge helpings of incredibly healthy food. It's hard to find anything processed out here. And once we got used to the food, they had us climbing ruins and small hills, which culminated in two mountain climbing adventures.

But the latest strategies utilized by Camp have been slightly more unothordox, and have some campers in tears. It seems that they've resorted to using friends and strangers to let us know how overweight we are. NO-- I'm not kidding, folks. I actually had my roommates tell me that I was to big for Turkish clothes and that I should go to a doctor for a diet and exercise plan.

But folks, that was just the beginning of these new tactics. Last night here at Fat Camp, a skinny girl about my age proceeded to pat my tummy and ask me when my baby was coming. And to make matters worse, she went on insisting that I must be pregnant. What do you say to something like that? Finally, she just walked away.

Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig have nothing on this place! I'm never eating again!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, that's probably the funniest thing EVER!!! Don't let it get to you ... you're beautiful! ... baby and all :) *Moo*

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're gorgeous :)

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ten Top Reasons for Loving Fat Camp ...

10. In a marching band of 100+, your mother can always find you.

9. Your friends can always pick you out in a crowd.

8. You're sure to win the grab-n-go fights at the Turkish clothing racks.

7. When pulled over by you-know-who, you don't have to pay that stinkin' ticket, you can take those scrawny you-know-what's.

6. Skinny roomies won't take your dessert.

5. You don't have to share your clothes with the same skinny roomies.

4. Greece is right around the corner, where you'll be one of the skinniest. Take lots of pics.

3. The arranged marriage is off (they frown on soiled women).

2. Big girls live longer than smokers and have prettier skin.

And the number one reason for loving fat camp is ...

1. YOU CAN ALWAYS SHOP IN THE MATERNITY SECTION (but stay away from white).

Love, kisses, and hugs,
The girls at Temple-Inland
(Lisa and Becky)

and

Mom
XXXOOO

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the comments two people made about "fat camp update" I don't know how they think up all the FUNNY comments. You would think it was inheritited but believe me they didn't get it from me. At least I don't think they did. Love you all, Mally, Lindsey and of course the ring leader, MOM.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home