Monday, July 12, 2004

where i live

I would show you more, but I have exceeded my webspace quota for the day, so alas, you must wait. Here is the outside of my college/dorm, called Brasenose College. Oxford is divided into several colleges, and mine is settled in the heart of the town, next to some incredible buildings. I have also included a view from the quad inside the college, where we hang out between classes and outings. I'll show pics from my room tomorrow.

Life at Oxford is incredible- I don't even have words. I feel at home here- like I belong. The people are so friendly and I have learned so many new words and phrases. The food is interesting- but I am enjoying it much more than I anticipated. I am avoiding everything American, if at all possible, in an effort to fully submerge myself in this culture. Tomorrow is our first field trip, and we will journey to the Rousham gardens. A trip to Paris is in the works for this weekend- I'll let you know how planning is going. Basically- life is great and I may never come home. I love you all and think of you constantly- but I am having the time of my life here!!!

Brasenose 1Brasenose 2Brasenose 3

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, finally a castle for our princess. Enjoy and keep us posted. Love, Mom and Dad.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you get to live in such a gorgeous place! Dorms will never be the same now...
Amy (Yarborough) Milian

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Slut! I'm so jealous you're there and I'm not! Well, I have the playground at the daycare ... it's not Oxford, but it'll do I suppose. I miss you like crazy .. well, sometimes, hehe. Love the pics from the reunion, especially the one where I look like a hoochie with a beer in my hand! It's a cream soda, honest! hehe. Umm, life is swell with me ... workin', hanging with the friends .. and that's the real deal. Sorry you missed out on the escapade to Buffalo the other day, but I doubt you really care ... after seeing what you're up to and what not. Keep havin' fun, and missing all of us! Remember, never eat foreign bugs!! I love you, sis! -- Moo

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home