Thursday, August 12, 2004

has to be said

Okay- so! (Only Kristen will laugh at that...)
The banquet tonight was wonderful, and I have pictures, but the camera is recharging- so they will come in the morning. What must be said before I retreat to bed is that tonight I received an award. Professors Barchas and Heinzelman put together some rather humorous awards to present at dinner. I was a tad embarrassed about the one I received, but couldn't stop laughing.

Drumroll please......

I was presented with the "I came to Oxford University and brought it to its knees award" along with a medal of honor and a bucket of 'bugs.' Hey- like I said before, my momma always taught me that if you're gunna do somethin,' do it right. So I did. The story of the computer virus and the IT guy has spread throughout my American friends to the point where I am sure that it will follow me throughout this upcoming semester.

...yay...

But the award was funny- and I will never be forgotten, especially by the IT guy who will surely hate all Texans forever now... his loss.

4 Comments:

Blogger Samuel Gunter said...

Allright, first of all, Kristen is not the only one who will laugh at the "Okay-so!". "End of the World" if I am not mistaken... If I am, then I guess it is just Kristen that will get it.
Congrats on the award! You have earned it. ;). My final is day after tomorrow so I am going to go study, "but I am le tired"...

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Samuel .. I'm glad other people know about the End of the World thingy ... "WTF Mate?" ... anywhat, I am "le tired" .. just wanted you to know Linz that I miss your guts!!! :) Love, Moo

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love a little more than 15 minutes of fame. What'd I tell you ... the Summer of '04 will live on for a very long time. You will leave Oxford with your head held high, and your mother's pride securely intact. Bears repeating -- YOU GO, GIRL!!!

XXXOOO,
Mom

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Nikki, Kristen Jo's friend and I just wanted to tell her Howdy and I love her!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home