Wednesday, July 26, 2006

the end draws near

I'm getting over what I hope to be my last illness here in Turkey. It wasn't food poisoning this time-- just a virus being passed from friend to friend here. Almost all of us have had it now. But, as I laid on the couch listening to the call to prayer, I realized that in 6 days this will all be over. No more call to prayer five times a day. No more amazing food that I can't get enough of (until I get ill). No more using charades and random mutual vocabulary to communicate. No more of this amazing country that I have grown to love.

This summer has been incredible-- full of new friends, hilarious mishaps, breath-taking views, big cities, tiny villages, interesting bathrooms, mini fat camp, deep conversations, a new kind of peace, answers to questions, and even miracles.

My job for the next few days is to finish up my writing project-- and I've got a lot to do. I'd love to tell you all more about this very special project in person. I think they'll even allow me to continue to work on it when I get home.

I owe you guys pictures from this last month-- since I haven't posted anything since Greece-- and that was in June. But, I can't do that until I get some more writing done. Wish me luck ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hot stuff,
I just caught up on all of your posts since May 9. (I'm using my time at work wisely.) I can't wait until you get home and I can see you and all your pictures and hear all your stories. We've been praying for you at the youth house. Be safe and best of writing to you before you journey home!!!
All my love,
ticer

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
I'm so happy that you got to experience all of this- it sounds AMAZING. I miss you and your smiles:) Hope you have a great rest of your time, and a safe trip home!!
:)Jenna P.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home